Friday, February 11, 2011

I CaN"t






It’s hard to fall asleep tonight
Because all I can think of is you
I can’t seem to get to sleep
Which is what I really want to do
I’m laying in bed…wide awake
When sleep is what I need.
But thinking of you is keeping me up!
What a problem this is indeed.
I’m still awake and it’s very late
This really isn’t fair!
I need my rest, it’ll be morning soon
But my mind just doesn’t care.
I’m thinking about you, how I want you near,
As I stare outside my window.
I cuddle up close, (which is dumb I suppose)
Because I’m wishing you were my pillow.
I wish you were here laying next to me
As I run my fingers through your hair.
I want to be warm, wrapped in your arms
And fall asleep knowing you’re there
I want to rest my head on your chest,
To be calmed by your steady heart-beating,
To lay there and smile because you’ll be here all the while,
Under sheets while we’re gently sleeping.
But alas, what a shame, everything is the same
And I’m still alone in my bed.
I’m thinking of you and it’s keeping me up…
I guess I’ll try sleeping again instead…




No comments:

Post a Comment